Workplace Safety North Announced Winners of Safety Excellence Awards
The Workplace Safety North (WSN) presented their Workplace Excellence Awards last week as they recognized Ontario workplaces that promote a strong safety culture.
The Workplace Excellence Awards are awarded to association member firms in forestry, mining, printing, converting and also small businesses in northern Ontario with fewer than 50 employees.
“The award winners are positive role models and deserve special recognition,” said Paul Andre, WSN acting president and CEO. “By making health and safety a priority in the workplace, it sends a message to employees, customers, and the community in general, that a company is proactive and a business leader.”
All submissions are considered for the President’s Award based on sectors as well as performance over the past 2 years.
The winners of the awards are:
• Fleming’s Trucking and Logging Inc., Hilton Beach (Forestry sector and small business sector)
• WestRock Company of Canada Inc., Guelph (Paper, printing and converting sector)
• DMC Mining Services, Vaughan (Mining sector)
• Nordic Minesteel Technologies Inc., North Bay (Northern Ontario Business (non-WSN sector
Other winners of Workplace Excellence Awards are:
• ACCO Brands Canada Inc., Mississauga
• Alamos Gold Young-Davidson Mine, Matachewan
• Alex MacIntyre and Associates Limited, Kirkland Lake
• Brinkman & Associates Reforestation Ltd., New Westminster
• Cementation Canada Inc., North Bay
• DeBeers Group of Companies, Victor Mine, James Bay Lowlands
• DMC Mining Services, Vaughan
• Domtar Inc., Dryden
• Fleming’s Trucking and Logging Inc., Hilton Beach
• Glencore - Sudbury Integrated Nickel Operations, Sudbury
• Goldcorp, Porcupine Gold Mines, South Porcupine
• Goldcorp, Red Lake Gold Mines, Balmertown
• J. S. Redpath Limited, North Bay
• Kidd Operations - A Glencore Company, Timmins
• Kirkland Lake Gold Inc., Kirkland Lake
• Lac Des Iles Mine Ltd., Thunder Bay
• Nordic Minesteel Technologies Inc., North Bay
• SCR Mining and Tunnelling L.P., Val Caron
• Tahoe Resources Canada Lake Shore Gold, Timmins
• Technica MiningT, Lively
• Tembec, Forest Resource Management, Northern Ontario, West, Hearst
• Tembec, Forest Resource Management, Northern Ontario, West, Kapuskasing
• Tembec, Forest Resource Management, Northern Ontario, West, Opasatika
• Wallbridge Mining Company Limited, Lively
• Wellington Wood Products Ltd., Mount Forest
• WestRock Company of Canada Inc., Guelph.
Congratulations to all the winners for your commitment to workplace health and safety!